We know that there’s a number of activities and things to do in New York, but somethings are simply not worth missing out on.
Here are 10 Reasons you can’t miss the Brooklyn Home Tours:
- Get inspired! Thinking about building a new home or undertaking a renovation? Meet the architect or designer who can bring your design to life!
- Take in impactful and astonishing views of the Brooklyn and Manhattan skylines unlike any you’ve seen before.
- Preview a restaurant in Williamsburg before it opens to the public. Freehold will be opening its doors to an exclusive space where you can listen to the architects and designers speak about each of the homes at Meet the Architects Night.
- Ever experienced a shower with a ceiling exposed to the sky? Come stand in a transformational bathroom that makes you feel as though you are in an Amazonian Waterfall.
- Learn what it took for a home to achieve LEED GOLD certification, with a façade made of recycled wood from the Coney Island Boardwalk to comfortable outdoor lounge chairs made of orange construction fencing.
- Meet skilled millworkers and designers from around Brooklyn. See their craftsmanship in-person and have them build your next custom piece of furniture.
- Discover a Red Hook home that helped to establish new building code and galvanized the future of home building in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
- Start your day of right by taking a trip on the Manhattan ferry to Greenpoint, closely located to the ticket pickup at the Brooklyn Expo Center.
- Spend a charming May day walking through Brooklyn taking in the different neighborhoods of the borough. See how homes differ from Williamsburg to Red Hook.
- Experience the pages of Dwell in real life.
Originally submitted by Dwell Staff