Recognizing the best of the best in magazine events, Folio:’s FAME Awards 2015 honored Dwell on Design Los Angeles with the prestigious “Best Overall Consumer Event” Award—in a tie with Sunset Magazine—and we couldn’t be happier.
Here’s what Folio: Magazine had to say about Dwell on Design L.A.:
Dwell on Design L.A. is the largest design event in the U.S., covering three days and produced in Los Angeles. It attracts attendees from around the world, with content from 200 speakers and more than 400 exhibitors. The 2014 event attracted a record 31,550 participants over its three days. Incredibly, Dwell on Design is produced in-house, making the feat of taking over 300,000 square feet of space a truly impressive one. The highlights of the event included:
- A keynote by designer Stephen Burks.
- Presentations by designer Ty Pennington; architect Peter Williams; the Smart Kitchen of 2025, as presented by GE Monogram; the AIA Restaurant Design Awards and many more.
- Meet and greets in the HGTV Lounge with HGTV Stars Anthony Carrino and John Colaneri of Kitchen Cousins, David Bromstad of Design Star, and Laurie March of House Counselor.
- A botanical oasis created by Dwell Outdoor on more than 24,000 square feet of the show floor.
- The Dwell Home Tours, which produced record attendance and provided visitors exclusive inside access to some of the most remarkable modern homes throughout the city.
- The Green Car Ride and Drive, which allowed attendees the opportunity to test drive over 16 different vehicles.
- Seattle Met Magazine – Generocity
- Essence Magazine – Essence and Chevy Cruze Street Style Program
- The Atlantic – Washington Ideas Forum
Originally submitted by Brandi Andres